Headed by a strong pool of 550+ scientists and researchers, R & D is the key growth driver for Intas. Its constant quest for developing new products and technology has led breakthrough innovations in a wide spectrum of areas such as Oncology, Hormones & NDDS, apart from other generic products. Till date, Intas has filed 50+ patents on novel formulations, API polymorphs/processes & analytical methods to its credit.
Intas’ continuous R & D initiatives have strengthened its product basket with the delivery of niche and complex products. Intas is also actively involved in the development and commercialization of biologics, in adherence to the European and the US Regulatory guidelines. The company is also focused on the discovery and development of New Chemical Entities (NCEs) targeting cancer and neurodegenerative diseases such as bipolar disorder.
Intas’ R & D strategies are focused on 2 major areas:
Pharmaceutical Formulation Development
Intas’ primary focus area in formulation development includes:
- Day 1 launch upon patent expiry
- New drug formulations for existing products for lifecycle management
- Niche Formulations with technology barrier
- Non-infringing formulations under Para-IV/ 505 b (2) categories for the launch of products in the US prior to the patent expiration
- New drug delivery platforms
Intas’ primary focus area of API development is:
- Vertical Integration in oncology and non-oncology range of products
- Development of non-infringing API to support FTF (first to file) & Para IV filings
- Achieving cost efficiency through process optimization
- Generating IPR on process chemistry
The company in collaboration with US-based Jina Pharmaceuticals Inc. has developed a clinically validated proprietary Nanoaqualip™ technology to formulate drug products. The newly formulated drugs are less toxic with improved bioavailability and better therapeutics. Based on Nanoaqualip™ technology the company is enhancing broader applications of generic drugs, difficult to formulate drugs and drugs of which the patent rights are near expiration through the development of the improved delivery system.
- Complete aqueous based system
- Free of hazardous organic solvents
- All excipients used are naturally occurring lipids
- Particles are nanosize (less than 100nm)
- Sterile fill finish
- Speed to Market
- Low manufacturing cost